Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Reminder

Easter Sunday came and passed, and it turned out to be a pretty meaningful one for me after all. I had pretty much ignored the onset of the season of Lent, and hadn’t really spent a lot of time nor effort preparing myself for Good Friday and Easter Sunday. But the Passover meal we had in Life Group on Thursday helped put me in the right frame of mind.

It was a very simple message on Easter Sunday, but one that inevitably left an impression on me, since it echoes my impotent writings on this blog about the need to change and be different. Perhaps my bias towards CEFC made me a lot more receptive to whatever the pulpit had to say, but the fact is, I came out of it without that jaded emotion I typically have with regards to a message that actually had precious little that was new to me.

Maybe it was almost as if God was reminding me that at 31 yrs old, there really isn’t too many turning points left behind for me. With all the impending changes that’s happening around me, I need to keep my eye on the ball, and not find myself somewhere else from where I wanted to end up.

So even though this blog doesn’t have much to say, it serves as a reminder to me that I need keep the goal in mind, and make changes to return back to the path instead of staying in my deviating course.




A Footnote:
I had no idea how much discussion my previous blog post would generate by the FOUR people left in the world who still read it. So the FINAL word on it is:

1. I am NOT putting myself on a pedestal, and judging Henry. I DON’T think I’m better than him. I am perfectly capable of doing exactly what he did too. Just that it doesn’t mean I can’t dislike what he did. So that’s all it is: I DON’T LIKE what he did, and it resulted in me losing my good opinion of him.
2. It WASN’T an emotional and intense discourse that I was voicing, merely a case of putting down what was in my mind. I am perfectly calm and have pretty much resolved the issue already.
3. I DON’T disike HIM, just what he did. Unfortunately, the net result is that it inevitably affected my relationship with him. But it also DOESN’T DESTROY the relationship. (unless he chooses to not accept my right to my opinion, and decides to burn bridges.)

And that’s that.

No comments:

WHO THE FUCK READS BLOGS?????

  Just realised the number of views on my page. Absolutely bewildered by who out there still gets redirected to blogs. Surely no advertisers...