Thursday, November 25, 2004

My Tribute

Sacrifice
Bob Fitts

O, this must be the hardest tear I’ve ever cried
For I must sacrifice you, promised son of mine
And so I go to worship with you by my side
And trust a sacrifice He will provide

And though I cherish you,
I must now offer you
To Him who is the Giver of all good things
And though I cherish you
I will now offer you
For surely He could raise you up again

Here on this altar, Father, I lay all my dreams
And offer back to You this child You’ve given me
O, son you must believe He’s called us to obey
And by His love He’ll make a better way.

And though I cherish you,
I must now offer you.
To Him who is the Giver of all good things
And though I cherish you,
I will now offer you
For surely He will raise you up again

O, Abraham, O, Abraham
Now that I know you fear My name, withhold your hand
O Abraham, O faithful man
Your only son, he is not the one
Behold the lamb, behold the Lamb

It must have been the hardest thing He’d ever done
When God the Father sacrificed His only Son
The One that He most cherished gave His life away
And by His love He made a better way

And so I cherish You
And so I honor You
You truly are the Giver of all good things
And so I cherish You
And so I honor You
Your sacrifice is now the King of kings

Jehovah Jireh
He has provided
The sacrifice of love no man could ever pay
And what He requires of you and me
Even the hardest things
Your blood of Christ, your sacrifice,
Gives me strength to obey.



The story of Abraham almost sacrificing his son has never failed to move me deeply. The kind of trust and faith in God that when He takes away everything that was ever important to Abraham, that he can still believe God is faithful and worth obeying... that's the almost mythical faith that I'vge always wanted to have.

So that when God took away my fellowship 6 yrs ago, my girlfriend 2 yrs ago, and my scholarship a yr ago, and potentially my degree in a little while's time, (not to mention my trim figure 8 yrs ago) I would still be able to sit back, and say with all sincerity and conviction that I know my Lord is good, and that as much as I'd like to chastise myself for all my failures, I know He is good and will look out for me.

And so He has. In the friends I have made and the friendships that have been strengthened since my life started falling apart. The people in my fellowship who are now slowly and steadily coming back to church, and the fellowship that even though has been scattered in different small groups, have nevertheless remarkably kept contact and kept our sense of identity as a fellowship. Remarkable that I've also started suddenly bumping into and re-establishing contact with some very very long lost friends, dating back to Pri 1. (Read: 19 yrs ago)

And so it is with that sense of astonishment that I look back to the past few yrs with the same familiar feeling of regret and nostalgia, but now very much colored with a great sense of thankfulness that I see more than just a silver lining in the dark clouds in my life, but very much the sun that is indeed behind the clouds.

Hehz... Gee, I sound like a man who is dying. You know how they always see the light at the end of the tunnel just before they die? I sure hope this has nothing to do with it. Grins.

Anyway, just wanted to put these thoughts down before I let them run away. Its not too often that I can sit down on my blog and do something other than whine and moan abt how pathetic I am, and how even more pathetic I am for whining and moaning about it.

Today, I have something to give thanks for.

How cool is that!

No comments:

WHO THE FUCK READS BLOGS?????

  Just realised the number of views on my page. Absolutely bewildered by who out there still gets redirected to blogs. Surely no advertisers...