Thursday, October 07, 2004

Stab me! Now!!!

Caleb called me last night, and was telling me abt how he had a talk with Naomi last night, and it seems that she pretty plainly told him to back off a bit cos she felt it wasn't the right time for them to be together.

Man, I really didn't know what to say to him. For all this while, she has been bringing him out with her, going out to meet her friends all all... then meeting all his friends... making plans to go on trips together, having gone on trips together already... then out of the blue she drops the bombshell that she still likes a guy who's currently engaged to be married. So she wants Caleb to back off a little, and "let God lead". Man! Hehz... I straight away thought of the time when Paul was agonizing over the Ape, and whether or not to tell her how he felt... and how it all turned out redundant after all, cos she decided to stick to her boyfriend.

Why the hell are girls so bloody hard to figure out? There was absolutely NOTHING at all that suggested she wasn't keen on taking their friendship one step further. There was also NOTHING at all that mentioned she was still interested in a guy who's engaged (Not to mention how wrong that sounds...), and I still remain utterly bewildered by girls who like to brush things off with a "let God lead, so right now lets not meet up so much".

I mean, the rule of teh thumb in friendships is very simple - keep in touch constantly and you draw closer. Back away and you lose touch. Period. So unless the girl has in mind that having once been close friends, when God decides to lead, they could have been out of touch for a couple of years but God will myteriously put the notion of each other back into their heads, and they'll end up together eventually. If I ever wrote a TV serial with such a development, no one's gonna believe it. Throw in the notion of God, and everyone believes that's how God intervenes

Amazing!

So there was poor Caleb, suddenly left hanging yet again. I mean, the girl's cute enough I guess... but I seriously if she's right in her head for Caleb la. One of those Pamela-esque girls who espouses that very vague notion of faith, and attributes a lot of things to it without really pausing to think it through.

A reminder once again to me abt how women are so impossibly unpredictable, that the next time I think I've got the going pretty good with a girl, I shd always just tell myself the exact opposite could be happening. Wait a minute... that's what happened with my ex. Grins. When all the while I thought she was in love with me, and was wrong. Muahahahahahaha...

Speaking of which, Simon called me also last night, asking me what could have prompted me to break off a 4 yr r/s. I suspect he's going through his first spate of problems with Charlotte. Hehz... But I just didn't have time to talk to him la. Too much problems on my own part oredi. But I'll prob try to make time for him next wk.

Ah well. That aside, monday was Daoxing's birthday, wednesday was Weixiu's. 24th is Huilin's, and 25th is Enoch's. I'm going bloody broke man.

Not to mention I just finished an essay, have to rush a video and study for Tan Ern Ser's paper tmr... man, just kill me now.

*stab stab*

No comments:

WHO THE FUCK READS BLOGS?????

  Just realised the number of views on my page. Absolutely bewildered by who out there still gets redirected to blogs. Surely no advertisers...