Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Another Day

Another day passes, as they inevitably do. And yet another day spent wishing I could live in my Peter Pan world and never have to face up to the responsibilities of adulthood.

Yes.

Adulthood.

A word that I kept putting off, rather like how I used to shrug NS off as an event that will always be dated in the future, never to come to pass. (Incidentally, the same attitude that I'm now having towards this small problem called IPPT. Hehz...)

Ah well. Tomorrow I'm gonna spend the day cleaning up my room, and hopefully I'll be done by the end of the day. Hopefully. Not my usual procrastination I swear, but the fact that cleaning up my room usually takes 3 days when I factor in my procrastination, such is the level of skill I've acquired in really cluttering up my room. So yes, hopefully I'll be done by tomorrow night. Wednesday morning I'll be sending Simon off to San Diego, followed by a trip to NUS to officially and formally withdraw from the school. Rest of the day will bespent walking along the Esplanade, fighting the temptation ot jump into the river and never surfacing. If pass that test of manhood, mebbe I'll cough up enough balls to start growing up and go around exploring the different options I have around me - of both work as well as academic alternatives.

And as promised, I am now penning down the deeply disturbing and yet intriguingly hilarious fact that Paul told me today he used to learn ballet and was a tambourine dancer.

Yes.

He NEVER did mention it to me till now, that creep. Muahahahaha...

What started as a bad evening with a sore bust-up with my parents turned out prety well by the end of the day, by the time I had to accompany Paul down to the National Library to declare that "I've " lost a book. Naturally, he is the culprit - using my i/c to borrow a book cos he's barred from borrowing any himself, already having misplaced a book he borrowed with his own i/c eons ago. Walked around town after that where I learned the news of his wayward youth. After that went down to Simon's house to attend a small gathering to meet up with him one more time before he flies off on wed morning. Ah well. He threw a really nice surprise tea for me when everyone thought I was off to Monash, so I'm glad we were able to do this for him.

I think on the whole I'm starting to look ahead more instead of being held back by my past. I'm desperately praying that such a sentiment will last. Mebbe if I am able to keep this up, I'll start righting a lot of the wrong that I've chalked up over the past 5 yrs, and stop being forever pegged back by the memories.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Of course, everyone her who has my blog address has been giving nothing but the fullest support, and had the decency to not give me the scolding which I probably richly deserve for mucking up so badly. Grins.

Here's to another 5 yrs of blogging, and may this report card start looking better.

After all, its only got one way to go - up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally another post!

you're so quarterlife crisis-y.

haha! tambourine dancer. never knew you could dance with a tambourine.

and please don't jump into the river...you'll sink to the bottom straightaway and no-one will be able to save you.

WHO THE FUCK READS BLOGS?????

  Just realised the number of views on my page. Absolutely bewildered by who out there still gets redirected to blogs. Surely no advertisers...